I'm eating my breakfast, and my housemates are either at work, sleeping or travelling, so I thought it was high time I wrote a new blog to keep me entertained, whilst trying not to get porridge on my laptop. (Porridge with chocolate spread mixed in, if you're wondering, I usually add raisins too, but I forgot this morning... I don't know why.)
I thought I would make a list of my favourite sounds. I don't know why that, either. It might be useful for my writing one day, but otherwise it's just quite nice to dwell on things that I like. So hooray :)
1. The ping of the microwave, because it means that food is ready
2. The noise my dog makes when he's chasing something in his dream, it makes me laugh
3. The sound of my fingers tapping quickly at my keyboard; it means that I'm either doing some really good writing, doing a great essay or, most likely, writing something completely unimportant but totally exciting on Facebook.
4. The sound of someone knocking on the door when you don't expect it; it either means the postman has a parcel for one of us (hopefully food or films) or you have a surprise visitor. I love this.
5. The sound of rain on the roof of the conservatory at my parents' house. It's just amazing. Especially if I'm snuggled up on the sofa in there with a blanket and a book.
6. The sound of slamming shut a really good book. I just like it.
7. My alarm when it goes off on a day when something really exciting is happening.
8. The noise it makes when you push the lid onto the box of a board game too quickly.
9. The slap of flip flops on the pavement in summer.
10. The noise it makes when you pull a suction pad off of tile... I think that has to be the best noise ever. I'm 21 and I still haven't gotten over how fantastic it is.
Also, note to self: If you run out of milk, go to the shop and buy some more. Porridge made with water is not very nice.